When in Rome, ups, Canada, do as Canadians do 😀
Peanut butter is one of the “must eat” ingredients when you come on this side of the world. You fall in love with it over a period of time, but when you eventually do, you make the best of it!
This is one of those ways 🙂
- 130 g (1 cup) confectioners’ sugar
- 70 g (⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon) creamy peanut butter
- 60 g (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 ml (½ teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 360 g (2 cups semisweet/bittersweet) chocolate chips or dark chocolate
- 40 g (¼ cup) roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
In the bowl with an electric mixer mix the sugar, peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla together on medium speed until combined.
Shape mixture into balls. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Cover loosely, transfer the pan to the freezer and chill for 30 minutes.
When ready to dip the truffles, melt the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Dip each chilled truffle, one at a time, coating in chocolate and shaking gently to remove the excess. (If at any point during dipping, the dough balls become too soft, return to the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.) Transfer to a wax-paper lined surface. Sprinkle peanuts on top of each truffle quickly after dipping each truffle before the chocolate sets.
Once all the truffles have been dipped, store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.