When I started learning French in grade school, one of the first things I enjoyed was finding French recipes and translating them to Croatian.
When I got older, I enjoyed making them into food 😀
This is one of my favorite dishes to make with leftover ham form Easter. You can serve as breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner 😄
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 150 g ham
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 tbsp grated cheese (cheddar, Gouda or something similar)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (395 °F).
- Grease the baking pan with a little butter.
- Cut the ham into little squares and place it on the bottom of the pan.
- In a big bowl mix butter, grated cheese, milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Add whole eggs and mix well with spatula until the mixture gets smooth.
- Pour the mixture on the ham.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados or red peppers!
What is your favorite ham dish and why?