When I want to make a dessert from the ingredients I have at home I love to experiment. I find my inspiration online, but I always add a pinch of me in the recipe 🙂 In this recipe I added maple syrup, almond flakes and coconut shavings!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tools you need
- Measuring spoons to, you know, measure things with them
- Kitchen scale because baking is a fine art and perfection is a little bit more reachable when you quantify things
- Measuring cups to, as well, measure things with them
- Good food processor will make this dessert creamier and more delicious
- Serving wine glasses are perfect for desserts in a glass, look very professional 😀
- Melting chocolate is a quick and easy job for a microwave
- Microwave bowls because we don’t want to melt the bowl, just the chocolate 😉
I was a bit skeptical about making a dessert with avocados, but it turned out to be very moist and creamy and the taste of chocolate was dominating. Raspberries give it a bit of freshness and almond flakes a bit of crunchiness. The whole deal is a perfect combination. Any berry and nut combination should be good.
Zvonimir really liked it the first time, so I decided to make it again for our friends when they came to dinner.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did 😀
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips (at least 60% dark)
- 4 large, ripe avocados
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons maple syrup
For serving: fresh raspberries, almond flakes and coconut shavings.
- Melt the chocolate in microwave in 15-second bursts, stirring between each until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside and let cool until just barely warm.
- Halve and pit the avocados, place them in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, almond milk, vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup.
- Blend until very smooth and creamy
Serve in glasses along with raspberries, almond flakes and coconut shavings.
You can eat them immediately or keep them in refrigerator for a couple of hours to get thicker consistency.