One of many traditional ways to prepare potatoes is restani krumpir 😀 Basically, it’s cooked potato sauteed with onions. So delicious!
Best way to enjoy these wonderful potatoes is with sauteed sauerkraut and sausages! I guess this is another one of many Austrian influences Croatians adopted throughout history 🙂
- 500 g potatoes
- one large onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil or lard (do not substitute with olive oil or butter in this case)
- 2 tsp red sweet paprika
- salt and black pepper to taste
If you like spicy food, add some chili powder or cayenne pepper as well!
- Cook the potatoes in a shell and then cut in cubes.
- In the meantime saute chopped onions in the large pot until almost brown and soft.
- Put the cooked potatoes on the brownish onions and add the spices.
- Use spatula to brake the potatoes until incorporated with onions.
- Serve hot as a side dish with your favorite meat.
Tip: They go perfectly with cabbage rolls – Sarma 😉
What is your favorite potato dish?
2 thoughts on “Croatian Potatoes – “Restani Krumpir””
LARD ONLY AND TWO OR MORE ONION IS OK I LIKE THIS RECIPES!
That sounds good to me, thank you ☺️