Get your afternoon tea (or coffee) ready! This cake’s super moist consistency is going to blow your 🧦 off.
This time I complimented it with some vanilla custard 😄
It’s a win-win combination for a hard day’s of work.
If you like coconut or lemon desserts (or both 😉), this cake is a must try! Tangy lemon flavor goes perfectly with exotic coconut. You will be transferred to a tropical beach on a first bite!
Fun fact: coconut can be a fruit, a nut, and a seed. What do you think it is?
- 150 g (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) coconut sugar
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) heavy cream
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 100 g (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- 170 g ( 1 1/4 cup) all purpose flour
- 130 g (1 3/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 5 eggs
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 10 g (1 tbsp) baking powder or one sachet
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Melt coconut oil and cool it of.
- In a large bowl mix flour with baking powder, desiccated coconut and grated lemon zest.
- Beat the eggs with both sugars in a stand up mixer or with hand electric mixer, until foamy.
- Mix in melted coconut oil.
- In that mixture add the heavy cream, milk and lemon juice one by one while mixing.
- At the end add prepared mixture of flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and lemon zest. Mix in on low speed until incorporated.
- Grease and flour the baking tray or line with parchment paper and pour the prepared batter.
- Bake about 40 minutes until golden brown. Do a toothpick check test to see if it’s done.
- Cool before serving and dust with powdered sugar.
Serving suggestion: Serve with vanilla custard, ice cream or simple whipped cream!
What is your favorite coconut dessert?