Don’t have a bakery nearby? No worries! These easy-to-make jam rolls will be part of your staple in no time 😉
They will make you drool with whatever filling you choose. I used plum jam for this batch and the flavor was exquisite!
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) sunflower or canola oil
- 150 ml (3/4 cup) boiling water
- 10 g (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 500 g (4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 200 g (1 1/2 cup) powdered sugar for coating
- 10 g (1 tbsp) vanilla sugar for coating
- favorite jam or Nutella for the filling
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (395 °F).
- In a large mixing bowl combine oil and water.
- Add baking powder and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixing with spatula until you form the dough. You can use a stand-up mixer or your hands as well.
- Divide the dough into same-sized balls – I got 16 balls from this dough.
- On the floured surface roll each ball (with the roller or with hands) until thin and put a tsp of jam on each one.
- Roll them and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake until golden, for about 15-20 minutes.
- Hot rolls coat in the mixture of powdered and vanilla sugar.
Note: Cool them off before you eat, for more crunchiness.
What’s your favorite pastry filling?