A perfect summer dessert needs to be refreshing and light, just like this yogurt pie ☺
My fruit of choice is always tangy berries to balance the sweetness of the cream. This time I used blackberries and blueberries. But strawberries, raspberries, or even cranberries would be an excellent choice.
It’s an easy-to-make and easy-to-eat cake that will accompany any summer day or BBQ.
Ingredients for the dough
- 4 egg yolks
- 170 g (3/4 cup) cold butter
- 300 g (2 1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 10 g (2 1/2 tsp) baking powder
Ingredients for the cream
- 4 egg whites
- 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 600 ml ( 2 1/2 cups) Greek yogurt
- 400 ml (1 1/2 cup) sour cream
- 40 g (5 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 10 g vanilla sugar (1 sachet) or 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 200 g (1 1/4 cup) of preferred fruit
+ some powder sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (355 °F).
- Combine all the dough ingredients with your hands or in a food processor.
- Divide into two equal parts and wrap in cling foil.
- The first part of the dough flatten a bit and put in the fridge.
- With the second part form a ball and leave in the freezer.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the cream.
- In the standing mixer or with a hand mixer mix egg whites with both sugars until stiff.
- Add the yogurt, sour cream, and flour gently with the spatula.
- Mix in about 350 g of berries of your choice.
- Roll the dough (kept in the fridge) evenly on a 9×13” baking sheet.
- Pour over the cream.
- Grate the second part of the dough onto the cream.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- When cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
What would be your fruit of choice for this pie?