Zvonimir and I are really hooked on this one. It is one of our favorite dishes ever, just can’t get enough of it! The only problem we have is the spiciness – Zvonimir likes it spicy and I don’t 😀
Are you a team spicy or team not so spicy?
- 500 g ( 2 cups) minced beef
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- chili powder to taste
- chili flakes or spice chili for spicy version
- 250 g (1 1/2 cup) pelati tomatoes
- 500 g (2 cups) red kidney beans, canned
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- salt, pepper, sweet paprika to taste
- sour cream/yogurt and shredded cheese of your choice for sprinkling
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan.
- On a medium heat saute the onions until soft. Add the garlic and saute for another couple of minutes.
- Add the beef, turn the heat up and saute until the meat gets brown.
- Season with salt, pepper, chili powder and sweet paprika.
- Stir well, add chopped red pepper and saute for another couple of minutes. Stir well, add pelati tomatoes and water or beef stock to cover all the ingredients.
- Cook for about 30-40 minute covered on lower heat.
- Add red kidney beans 10 minutes before its done.
- Try and season some more if necessary before serving.
Serve with sour cream or yogurt with shredded cheese of your choice. We used low fat sour cream and Gouda cheese.
What is your favorite dish you cannot resist?