As a cheese lover, I am always looking for cheesier recipes. These delicious cheddar biscuits were a great find. They are so good, you can eat them on their own 😀
Easy to make, made of only three ingredients, they make a great snack for kids’ lunch box, Friday movie night or for no reason at all 😛
You can find original recipe in Croatian on Instagram from bake_me_by_nina.
- 200 g (1 1/2 cup) all purpose flour
- 120 g (1 cup) cheddar cheese
- 200 g (1 1/2) sour cream
- some milk for coating
- salt, pepper, thyme or other spices as desired
You can use any cheese you like, but cheddar has that nice aroma, especially if you use old cheddar instead of mild.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (390 °F).
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the cheese into chunks and place it in the food processor. If you don’t have a food processor grate it. It’s great.
- Add flour to the processor.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme or other spices to taste. I added 1 tsp of thyme and I loved the flavor.
- Mix cheddar with flour and spices until cheddar gets crumbly.
- Add the sour cream and mix until combined.
- Place the dough on the floured surface and roll the dough, 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick. I rolled mine thinner and they were extra crispy!
- Make biscuits with round mold, sized to your preference. I used a shot glass 😀
- Place them on prepared baking sheet and coat them with milk.
- Bake 13-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve them with various dips, butter or eat them on their own!
Our recommendation is to try them with Hot Cheesy Crab Dip 😀
Which dip do you recommend?