Easter passed, you enjoyed coloring the eggs and now you have extra you don’t know what to do with? Fear not, this beauty is not far out of reach 😄
Filling for these eggs is very simple, but flavorful. The trick is in that horseradish. Don’t miss the opportunity to try it. Traditionally, we always have fresh grated horseradish for Easter breakfast, so I like to use it in other Easter dishes. Deviled eggs are perfect way to incorporate it and have no food waste.
You can add other ingredients if you wish. I suggest tuna, capers or olives, anchovies, ham, cheese… the options are endless.
- 10 eggs
- 50 g mayonnaise
- 100 g sour cream
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp grated horseradish
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- radishes for decoration
- Hard boil the eggs. Peel them and cut them in half, lengthwise. Tip: put 1 tbsp of vinegar in the water in which you boil the eggs for easier peeling 😉
- Take the egg yolks out carefully and place them in a bowl where you will prepare the filling.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork or through a strainer for more smoothness.
- Add all the other ingredients and season to taste.
- Fill the egg whites with small spoon and decorate as you like.
I was trying to get the boat look with the radish being the sail! How do you like it? 😃
Tip: Put the filling in a zip bag, cut the edge and make swirls for a fancier look!
What do you like to do with leftovers?