The dough for these jam pockets is flaky and soft, just like puff pastry. Unlike puff pastry, you can make this dough easily and fast, and you will get an amazing result 😀
Filling can be jam, Nutella or some other spread you enjoy! You can even do savory, why not?!
- 250 g (1 1/3 cup) all purpose flour
- 250 g (1 cup) butter, softened
- 250 g (1 cup) cottage cheese
- pinch of salt
- favorite jam (I had homemade plum jam for these beauties)
- Knead the dough from flour, butter and cottage cheese.
- Wrap it in a cling wrap and let it rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Roll the dough 4 mm thin and cut into squares.
- Fold the the square edges inside and fill the middle with your favorite jam.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven on 200 °C (395 °F) until the pockets get golden brown.
What is your favorite type of dessert? Which dough do you like the best?