This is what I call immunity soup! Blend of garlic, ginger and turmeric makes this soup an immunity booster 😃
Sweetness of carrots and spiciness of ginger make this soup one of a kind. Plus you can always adapt the flavors to your taste by adding/reducing amounts of carrots and ginger.
Did you know that ginger is loaded with antioxidants, compounds that prevent stress? It also helps your body fight off chronic diseases like high blood pressure, heart disease, and diseases of the lungs, plus promote healthy aging. So, enjoy this soup more often!
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large carrots
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger (about 2 cm of fresh ginger)
- 700 ml vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cream or milk (optional)
- Peel and cut the onion into quarters.
- Grate or thinly slice garlic and ginger.
- Peel and cut the carrots to 0.5 cm (0.25 in) round pieces.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large pot.
- Add onions and simmer until softened.
- Add carrots, garlic and ginger and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt, pepper and turmeric. Stir well.
- Add vegetable stock or water and cook until carrots are softened.
- When the carrots are done, check the flavor and season more if necessary.
- Take the pot off the heat, blend with hand mixer or in a blender.
- For creamier taste, add cream or milk and stir.
Serve with croutons or as-is. Enjoy!
What is your favorite soup?