Nothing beats the smell of the freshly baked bread or in this case buns, don’t you agree?
These buns will blow your mind. They are silky soft and milky sweet. I could eat the whole batch myself. 🤤
They are very versatile. You can spread them with your favorite toppings like jam, chocolate or hazelnut spread. You can even try them with savory spreads like cream cheese or hummus. Whatever you choose, enjoy to the max 🙂
For the dough
- 10 g (1 tbsp) dry yeast
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) lukewarm water
- 250 ml ( 1 cup) milk
- 600 g (5 3/4 cup) all purpose flour
- 100 g (1/2 cup) butter
- 100 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
For the coating
- 2 tbsp cold milk
- 1 egg yolk
- Melt the butter in the milk.
- Proof the yeast in the lukewarm water with a pinch of sugar for about 10 min.
- While the yeast proves, in a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt, egg and melted butter in milk.
- Add the yeast and mix until the ingredients combine and a soft dough is formed.
- Cover with kitchen cloth until it doubles in size, for about an hour.
- When the dough is ready, place it on a floured surface and knead it for couple of minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10-12 equal balls.
- Roll each ball as thin as possible, then roll it into buns.
- Place them onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Cover them again with the cloth until they rise before baking.
- Coat them with the egg yolk and cold milk mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame if you wish.
- Bake on 230 °C for 10 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: Make sure the dough is resting in a warm place to double in size.
Serve them in any occasion with anything you like! Or enjoy them plain – they are soft and delicious on their own.
How do you like to eat your buns? 😜