Strawberry season is one of my favorite seasons. Since I was born during this season, most of my childhood birthday memories have strawberries in them. Not only in my birthday cakes but also picking them in my grandma’s garden and eating them until I couldn’t breathe any more 😉
This creamy cake is light and fresh, and it will be a perfect addition to your family BBQ dinners or for any other occasion!
For the cake
- 100 g (¾ cup) cake flour
- 100 g (½ cup) cold butter
- 100 g (¾ cup) powdered sugar
- 10 g (1 tbsp + 1 tsp) baking powder
- 3 tbsp cold water
For the cream
- 120 g (1 cup) vanilla pudding powder (3 bags)
- 1 l (4 ¼ cups) milk
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 540 g (4 ¼ cups) sour cream
For the top
- 450 g strawberries
- 1 gelatin sheet
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (355 °F).
- Mix all cake ingredients. Add a bit more flour if sticky.
- Grease and flour a 26 cm wide round cake mold or cover with parchment paper.
- Place the cake batter in the mold and flatten with hands
- Store in the fridge until the cream is done.
- Cook vanilla pudding with sugar (according to the packaging) in 1 l of milk.
- Cool and gently mix in sour cream.
- Pour the cream on the cake.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cool down before arranging the strawberries.
- Prepare the gelatin according to the packaging.
- Arrange strawberries on top and pour the gelatin on top.
- Cool in the fridge before serving.
Note: You can try different fruit for more variety of cakes!
What is your favorite strawberry dessert?