This is one of those magical chocolate desserts that melt in your mouth! The name fits perfectly, it is very moist and it tastes almost like chocolate mousse!
Try it out and dig into the chocolate heaven 🙂 It pairs excellent with berries and citrus, I of course chose strawberries 😀
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g (1 ¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 110 g (½ cup) unsalted butter
- 65 g (½ cup) all purpose flour
- 40 g (⅓ cup) cocoa powder
- 500 ml (2 cup) milk, lukewarm
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160 °C (320 °F).
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and yolks in two separate large bowls.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Whisk egg yolks, vanilla extract and sugar until creamy.
- Add melted butter and mix for half a minute.
- Add the flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix with a spatula until incorporated well.
- Pour the milk gradually and continue beating.
- Add in the egg whites, one third at a time and gently fold in with spatula.
- Pour this liquid batter into the baking pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool and when it comes to room temperature chill for an hour.
- Slice it in the size you like and dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
- Keep it in refrigerator until you finish it all.
What is a magical cake that you adore?