Years ago, my foodie friend Anna Jane Dalton made this dessert live on Google+ Hangouts. We had so much fun naming it live while we watched Anna Jane prepare it. Finally we agreed on chocolate tiramisu and the name fits perfectly!
I fell in love with it and decided to make it for Valentine’s Day last year. It’s easy to prepare and you will enjoy sharing this bowl of creaminess with your significant other 😀
Originally recipe has vodka and pomegranate syrup mixed with coffee, if you like it spiked up a bit.
You can see the whole show on YouTube at AZ Entertainment.
- 250 g (1 1/3 cup) dark chocolate (70% dark chocolate)
- 50 g (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) boiling water
- 50 g (1/2 cup) marshmallow + 50 g (1/2 cup) for decoration
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) heavy cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 350 ml (1 1/2 cup) cold coffee
- 500 g of store bought ladyfingers
- 170 g (1 cup) raspberries
- First brew coffee so it can cool off before assembly. If you want, add vodka and pomegranate syrup to the cooled coffee.
- Over double boiler melt chocolate with marshmallows, butter and boiling water.
- When you get a smooth, consistent mixture transfer it to a large bowl and whisk it to cool it down or leave it aside until it cools before assembly.
- In a stand up mixer whip the cream and vanilla extract to medium peak.
- Fold the whipped cream in the cooled chocolate mousse.
- Assemble in a glass bowl.
- First layer: ladyfingers dipped in coffee. Don’t hold them in coffee for too long, they will soak and get soggy.
- Second layer: chocolate mousse
- Third layer: raspberries
- Repeat the layers and add marshmallows on top.
- Keep in the refrigerator until serving.
What is your favorite dessert for sharing/Valentine’s Day?