Hot chocolate is wonderful way to warm yourself on a cold winter day. It’s smooth, creamy and decadent. A dessert you can drink! With a touch of a holiday spirit, it can be a great addition to your festive table.
This recipe makes about 1 1/3 cups (325 ml).
This recipe is part of Foodies+ Christmas Recipes from Around the World cookbook, amazing cookbook with over 400 pages that shares many recipes you can use all year round. All proceeds are going to Action Against Hunger.
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 100 g (½ cup) milk chocolate
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mint flavored liqueur
- 60 ml (¼ cup) whipped cream
- Christmas candy for decoration
- Heat and stir milk in a small saucepan on medium heat until bubbles form around edge.
- Chop the chocolate.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped chocolate and vanilla.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add liqueur and stir well.
- Separately beat whipped cream to soft peak.
- Pour into tall glass or Christmas mug of your choice.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle crushed mint candies over whipped cream and add a candy cane or peppermint stick for stirring.
Replace mint liqueur with different liqueurs for more variety, like Bailey’s or coffee liqueur.
What is your favorite Christmas drink?