When Zvonimir and I arrived to Canada, it was just before Christmas season, and eggnog was one of our first “must try” discoveries. Inspired by the ongoing competition between hot chocolate and eggnog, we decided to make a fusion and end this story in an everlasting love affair 🙂
With Christmas on its way, we thought you might like to try this as a decadent, creamy, winter dessert 😀
- 2-3 ginger cookies (optional) for a crunchy twist!
- 2 small vanilla instant pudding (3.4 ounces each)
- 375 ml (1½ cup) milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) of eggnog
- 230 ml (8 oz or 1 cup) Cool whip or whipped cream
- 200 g (3/4 cup) melted chocolate of your choice
- Mix the pudding, eggnog and milk in a bowl for about 2 minutes, then mix in the cool whip or whipped cream (without actually whipping it, confusing, I know).
- Put half of the mixture in a glass, add some crushed ginger cookies, and pour the rest of the mixture over the cookies. Serve the mousse in bowls or any way you like.
- Melt the chocolate on steam or in the microwave.
- Place the melted chocolate on top, cool overnight in the fridge and enjoy eating it the next day.
- You can add some cookies on top for decoration.
Are you eggnog or hot chocolate team? 😀