This is one of those dishes that you make from what you find in the fridge! Fresh seasonable vegetables make this cold pasta salad a perfect lunch or dinner during spring and summer.
I love to use macaroni or penne pasta for these salads, but there are some other fun pasta shapes that would be perfect, like farfalle, cavatelli or rotini. You can make your own unique salad each time changing pasta types and vegetables 😃
- 250 g (2 1/2 cup) pasta of your choice
- 100 g (3/4 cup) gauda/cheddar cheese diced or grated
- 100 g (3/4 cup) cooked ham diced or grated
- 1 medium tomato, cut in cubes
- 1 medium cucumber, cut in cubes
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in cubes
- 2 spring onions ( leave green parts for garnish)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as per instructions on the package.
- Cut all ingredients and place them in the large bowl.
- Mix in cooked pasta with chopped ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- At the end mix in yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Cool in the fridge before serving.
- Before serving, garnish with green parts of spring onions.
This salad is also perfect for parties, BBQ or potlucks!
What would be your perfect pasta salad?